Which setup is better.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Colburn, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Rob Colburn

Rob Colburn Auditioning

I have what is a simple question but I hope someone can help me anyways.

I am about to purchase a new DVD player, I am thinking about the Panasonic RP82. From what I have read here it seems like a good machine that will do what I want, I am open to other suggestions though. Whatever player I buy, will I be better off to hookup the audio using the digital connection and use the decoder in my receiver or use the decoder in the player?

Thanks for your help in advance

Rob

2. AbelM

AbelM Second Unit

Totally use a coaxal cable to run from your DVD player to your reciever and use the reciever's decoder!

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  4. Rob Colburn

Rob Colburn Auditioning

Neil,

Thanks for the help. Wow, that is a great link with tons of information I will go through it slowly and I am sure it will answer many more questions I have.

I did read about using your receiver decoder instead of the dvd's (that is how my old player is set up) however it did raised one more question. The RP82 that I am looking at can decode DVD-A and my old receiver does not decode it. Can I use the 6 channel output for it and the opticial output for dvd movies.

What do you think of the RP82, is there another player in the same price range, or a little more that you would recomend?

By the way this is a great site. I do a lot of reading here and find it very interesting and informative.

Thanks a lot

Rob