What's new

which service? (1 Viewer)

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I am getting a new pioneer deck put into my Dakota. Being usure which service to go with I opted to have everything set up including holes predrilled for the antenna cable.

I like the Delphi features but is one service better than the other?
Do all the service carry the same channels or different are they different?
I would like to connect the Sat radio to my home system so that is MUST.

what service would you recommend?

thanks for your time
scott

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Have you already got the new deck installed? If not, I would just get a Sirius or XM ready headunit. Pioneer and make XM headunits; Panasonic, Kenwood, and Alphine make Sirius headunits. Personally, I prefer Sirius of course, my reasons being that there are no commercials on any of it's 60 music streams, it has better programming in the genre's that I listen to, especially rock and 60's - 80's music, and the fact that there is no Clear Channel involvement. Also, I happen to like the freindly atmosphere of Sirius Backstage rather than the elitist attitude that most seem to have at XMFan. Funny thing is, I like the elitist attitude here at HTF :confused:

FrankMorris

Auditioning
I have XM. I use a Skyfi in my car and in my home stereo. Since I have never used Sirius I have nothing to compare it to, but I am very pleased with XM. It satisfies my needs in music and information. Plus it sounds soooooooo much better then local FM.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Had the Kenwood KDC-922 and the Kenw0od portable installed in my truck.

I love the concept of satellite radio. though the sound is less than I had anticipated the fact I do not have to listen to the blah blah blah makes up for any sound quality that may be lacking. As others have pointed out it does sound compressed and to me 128 bit rate MP3. for the car it exceeds what I consider acceptable.

The commercial free is what sold me. Commercials are free on FM and if I really miss them all I have to do is change to FM.

I am considering moving my antenna from the roof and move it inder the buge deflector on the hood. wonder if the plastic will interfer with reception?

Scott

David-S

Second Unit
Scott- If it's just a plexi-glass type bug deflector, I don't think you should worry about reception problems... I know people who have them inside tinted windows with no reception issues (as long as they don't loose line-of-sight)...

ps: glad you like it!:D

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Which Pioneer unit? You have several options with those. Most of them are XM ready, so you can just get a direct tuner and antenna for it, and you're done.

Nice thing about most Pioneers though is that they have an auxillary input, meaning you can use most secondary tuners without any sound penalty.

Personally, I like the Sirius stuff. I don't like paying the $10 for XM, and having 3/4 of the music feeds play commercials. Sirius is $13 a month, no commercials in the music feeds. Made all the difference for me. For the record, though, I have both. Wife has the XM, I have the Sirius in my car.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I can't remember the Pioneer model. the kenwood was puchased after many hours of comparing the features. The better decks seem to be complicated nearing the home audio receiver frustration.

I am currently running the here 2 anywhere but having the second unit/dispaly is wearing on my. The Kenwood receiver is on order and the here to anywhere will most likely end up on the Mrs ford escape.

The NHL channel is by far my favorite. Not having a lot of free time to keep up with the league news this station is great.

I would like to give xm a try.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks