Which RPTV for under $1800?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jeremy Scott, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

I am having my my tube replaced for the 2nd time next week under warranty. if it doesnt fix my purity problem, i am going back to where i bought the tv and complaining and will want store credit towards a different tv. this tv is a 36" JVC HDTV Tube.

I have decided that i will move up to a RPTV. Possibly a smaller one $8" or smaller. What is the best i can get for my money. No higher then $1800 please.
    I know the sony 46" is good, right?
    what else is good??

2. StephenWE

StephenWE Agent

I'm looking at the Panasonic PT53WX53, it's $1500 from onecall.com. I'm just a n00bie so I don't know that my words are worth a lot though. Plus it's a little larger than what you wanted.

3. John S

John S Producer

At $1800.. I would seriously just find the best deal on the biggest one that has the picture quality you feel you can live with for the next several years.

It doesn't really seem like any brand of RPTV is any better quality wise these days, than any others.

Best of luck with it.

4. Dennis Heller

Dennis Heller Second Unit

I have a Mitsubishi 48313 that I love. I believe it's $1700 at Best Buy now.

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    After much research, I just bought a Mitsubishi 55" 55513 for $1860 (you may not be able to get a deal that good at your store, though). The same set comes in a 48", the 48513, for less money. If you don't need the integrated HD tuner, you can get the 48413 for even less. You can't go wrong with a Mits.

6. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Jeremy, which store is it that you will have the credit at? (If it's Circuit City, then we may be wasting his time, because I don't think they carry Mitsubishi.)

7. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

i bought mine as Rosas. It is a small chain store up here in Western NY.They sell different brands there including Mitsu.

i dont really want a big big screen. i will be moving into a small house after this apartment here and i dont want a tv that is too big....46" - 48" would prob be perfect size.