What's new

Which RGB to Component transcoder and where to buy it? (1 Viewer)

Bruce N

Second Unit
I have a Pioneer PRO-710HD HDTV and an RCA DTC-100. I've had both for quite a while and while I had the 710 ISFd early last year I don't think the tech properly calibrated the HD input. I'd like to try a transcoder to run the HD input into a component video connection to see the difference.

Is the Key Digital KD-VTCA1 the unit to have? Are there any others I should look at? Any suggestions for the best place to pick one up?

Thanks!
Bruce

errol

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Bruce,

You have a handful to choose from:

* Audio Authority
* Key Digital
* RCA
* RF systems

I have 3 of the AA and they work flawlessly on my Toshiba TW65x81. It's plug and play.

The Key Digital is also good but has more adjustable features (potentiometer/knob) for synching. This unit is recommended for Panny machines. It, however, not as cooperative on my set.

The RCA seems to work also.

The RF system is an unknown quantity.

When you buy one or in choosing one, make sure that you have necessary cable for it.

More info about transcoders at my site.

Thanks,
Errol

Bruce N

Second Unit
Thanks! I ordered the AA model from Copperbox. Received a ship notice 35 minutes after I placed the order!

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks