What's new

Which remastered Royal Tramp set to get? (1 Viewer)

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Wouldn't you know it, they finally remaster Stephen Chow's Royal Tramp films, and then release them in two different sets!

One is the Joy Sales Hong Kong region-0 set, and the other is Dragon Dynasty's region 1. Which one to get? Best PQ, audio and (very important), best subtitles? Dragon Dynasty has a Bey Logan commentary.

If anyone sees reviews of either set, please post the links here. Or if you've seen either one, please let us know your opinion.

Joy Sales:
Film Details: Royal Tramp Collection [HK SE 3-Disc Set] DVD | Dir.: | Cast:

Dragon Dynasty:
Dragon Dynasty: THE ROYAL TRAMP COLLECTION

Waylander

Agent
Real Name
Rick
Based on info from the AsianDVDguide forums: The Joysales R3 version also has fancy packaging reviewed as:

So for me, while I might miss Bey Logan (not really though, his knowledge of Stephen Chow and HK comdey in particular tends to be far less robust than some oh his better commentaries) the inclusion of the Original Soundtrack is a must. Luckily my Joysales Boxset just arrived today.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Buy the Joy Sales/Fortune Star release as it has the original audio track. The mono/stereo Cantonese one while the Dragon Dynasty only has the remix versions.
By the way, HKFlix is quite sucky, I suggest using either DDDHouse.com or play-asia.com
And below is the affiliated link from me with play-asia.com
Royal Tramp 3-Disc set

Although I would buy the Dragon Dynasty only for the audio commentary. So I guess buy the Joy Sales from Play-Asia.com and then buy the other one on HKFlix.com

I too recommend AsianDVDGuide forums for Asian film stuff instead of HTF. I've been posting there more frequently too. Unlike HTF where your post about an Asian film would be buried amongst the countless threads, ADVDG forums is a great place about inquiries you made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks