which recievier yamaha rx-v630rds or denon 1803??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mikey.S, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Mikey.S

Mikey.S Extra

ok ive been doing some research and ive narrowed my choice down to these 2 recievers.

denon 1803
    yamaha rx-v630rds

in the UK where i am the denon is £300 and the yamaha £370.

whats your opinion on this choice. will i be getting more for my money with the yamaha???

cheers mike

2. Cyrus_I

Cyrus_I Stunt Coordinator

Hey Mike,

I had the decision between the two lower models, the Yamaha rxv-530 adn the Denon 1603. I chose the Denon due to my preference in the sound of 2ch stereo music. I believe both of the models you are looking at compete directly with functions and applications. My advice is to take home and test both recievers with your own speaker set up and then decide.

Cheers

P.S. I'm a fellow Brit myself, born in Watford, Middlesex.

3. Mikey.S

Mikey.S Extra

hey cyrus. good too see theres a fellow brit up here on these forums. Birmingham myself. [​IMG]
    Id like to take them home and try both but trouble is i havent't got a car and if my girlfriend took me up there she'd probably murder me for the amount im gonna spend :b, so im researching online for the best setup and then ill order through the post.
    i'm also going to have to buy the whole lot all in one as im gonna sell my stereo so dont want to split this up.
    yammy or denon
    toshiba s220 dvd
    mission m72/73 5 speaker package
    mission as7 / yammy 305 sub
    (women - cant live without em, cant live with em if you get into home cinema)

4. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Mikey:

I had an opportunity to spend the better part of 3 hours comparing both of these receivers, thanks to the generosity of a friend who works at the only local shop to carry both Denon and Yamaha. Overall, I give the 630 the nod, because its performance for theater is very, very solid. I actually liked both pieces for music, but the Yamaha seemed to have better dynamics and to have packed more of a whallop. It was more engaging, overall.

--AM

5. Mikey.S

Mikey.S Extra

cheers for the help guys. leaning more towards the yamaha at the moment.