Which Receiver???????/

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JordanRice, Jul 14, 2005.

1. JordanRice

JordanRice Agent

I am in the process of building my first HT, and so far I'm about to buy polk monitor 50's in the front a CS1 center channel a polk sub and some fxi3's for surround. But I'm torn between receivers. I was looking at the onkyo tx-nr801, but now I'm thinking that since this is my first HT I might need a receiver with auto EQ so I could get the best sound. Do I even need a receiver with auto EQ? Being a beginner to HT, can I set it up myself and get the best out of my speakers? PLEASE HELP!

2. lee ison

lee ison Stunt Coordinator

Jordan ,several mid priced rec. now have this feature ,I can't think of any other way of improving the sound of your system for so little money. Yamaha, pioneer, onkyo and many others have this , it all comes down to which brand you favor. personally I like the pioneer 1015 very much,I think it's the best value out there right now.YMMV

3. Scotty P

Scotty P Agent

I have been meaning to read the manuals on the newer onkyos, and compare to the Integras (same parent company, similar models). have just read the manual on the Integra 6.5, newest version of my receiver 6.2 that I like very much, should retail for around $1000. Am considering getting this receiver to take advantage of some of the newer features including the EQ. The features don't mention EQ with the auto set-up but the manual does. It also has very good bass management for the multichannel input, have been wanting to find out if the onkyo's had the same.

Would highly recommend the Integra.

4. JordanRice

JordanRice Agent

thanks for the help.

5. JordanRice

JordanRice Agent

hey does anybody know the difference between polks monitor and the polk rti series. Is is worth spending the extra $?