What's new

Which receiver to buy???? (1 Viewer)

Yeto

Auditioning
Which receiver should I buy???? I want to buy my new receiver from Best Buy. The brands they carry are Yamaha HTR series, Sony STRDE series, Pioneer VSXD series, Panasonic SA-XR25S, and the Kenwood VR series. Which one of these receivers would come the closest to giving a warm tube sound? Thanks, Yeto

Jeff_Fitz

Stunt Coordinator
I'd have to say none of those brands would give you "a warm tube sound".

Yamaha will offer the best overall quality of that group.

Pioneer probably offers the best "bang for the buck", especially the 912.

HK and Marantz are usually singled out as the most musical of the mainstream brands.

If you want to do some more research, check out the buyers guides at http://hometheater.valuecanuck.com

Hope that helps,

Jeff

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
BestBuy isn't really the best place to end up buying your Home Audio equipment unless it might be some speakers they offers, there recievers aren't the best..

Check out www.sounctiy.com and see what they have to offer. If you are interesting in looking at Harman/Kardon they offer the AVR-125 for about $200 refurbished with a FULL WARRANTY. HK also honors there products very well even if they are out of warranty.

If you do decide to buy at BestBuy then stay away from the Sony systems as they are just a complete pile of trouble, and Panasonic and Pioneer will probably give you the best bang for your buck.

Tim K

Second Unit
I've always gone with Pioneer (3rd receiver this lifetime) and have been happy. They are the best bang for the buck receivers in terms of features offered.

eli

Grip
hello i would recommend you yamaha receiver it excells in DD and DTS decoding hase plenty of inputs and outputs good build quality and very attractive price get rx-v1400.REGARDS Eli

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I agree strongly with jeff. Yamaha would probably be the only thing i'd get a BB, but they are known for being anything but warm, tube-like. Probably a marantz will get you closest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks