which receiver should I get?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by George bone, Jan 16, 2003.

1. George bone

George bone Agent

Currently I am looking at vintage receivers because the seem to do just what I want which is a room full of sound, an equal ammount of sound comming from both sets of speakers in front of me and behind me. The two that I am thinking of getting now are the Harman Kardon 730 Twin Power and the Sansui 9090DB, I am looking for the best vintage receiver for music out there also to get one that can drive two sets of nice floor speakers. Which one out of the two would be best and are there any others I should look into?

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Any modern receiver with 5 channel stereo can do this as well and should be more reliable...at least they'll have warrenty.

3. Jason GT

Jason GT Second Unit

George,

I see you have lots of questions, and seem to be mostly interested in sound (music), and not so much HT. Just a thought -- you may be able to get more relevant help at a message board that is devoted to audio. For instance I know there is a pretty strong vintage audio community out there.

Though there are plenty of music fans here, I would hazard a guess that most of them are here because of HT. Some of us may be able to help you out, but you'll probably get better response at a board devoted to music.

4. George bone

George bone Agent

Alright that sounds like a good idea, does anyone know of any such boards, if so please list them for me. It would be a big help.

5. DanielM

DanielM Stunt Coordinator

www.audioasylum.com

6. DonJ

DonJ Second Unit

George bone-
    Believe me I have no problem filling my HT room and the rest of the house with my HK AVR320 pushing my Paradigm Monitor 9's. And Yes it has twin amps one pushing the front stage and pushing the rear. Also you don't want to miss out on Logic 7 but if your just looking for a 2 channel system I suggest going separates.

again Audioasylum would be a good place to go for 2 channel.