What's new

which receiver should get the nod? (1 Viewer)

hi everyone I really need all lot help on this one there are two receivers that I am targeting right the Denon 1601 and the Pioneer vsx-d710s so if you have either receiver please give me some advice. Thank-you
------------------

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I don't have a Pioneer vsx-d710s but I do have a Pioneer VSX-509s. The differences from what I understand is the addition of component video switching and a year newer. I've have no problems with my reciever. I'm saving up to get a Denon 3802, but for now the 509s works just fine. (it has a variable Crossover which the denon might not have give when ppl have been saying about the 3801)
Brian

Dan Smith

Agent

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Dan,
You may be right. If you have that much $$$ to throw around... Give the recievers he's asking about, I don't think he wants to spend that much.
Brian

Dan Smith

Agent
I know separates usually scare people away and they think it's very expensive. Sure it's more expensive, but there's ways to build slowly. You'll spend more money in the end for sure, but it's stretched out over a long period of time.
If you click on my equipment list in my signature you will see that it's not high end at all and that it did not cost me very much to build a good sounding system. My system rivals my friends Marantz SR-14 $2500 Receiver easily, but my components cost only about $900. I bought all used separates over a few years. My 4-channel Yamaha only cost me $200 CND?!?!
Now that I have a fully working system, I'm free to pick and choose what component to replace with some high end when I got the cash.
I just thought I'd give you something else to think about. What ever you choose, I'm sure that you're going to enjoy it immensely. Ya sure there's always better, but hell there's a lot that's worse!!!
Try to listen to both of them under the same circumstances, i.e. same store, same room, same music, same speakers... and choose the one YOU like the most. It's good to get advise from people and forums like this, but don't forget that it's mainly YOU that's going to listen to it. If YOU like the sound of one over the other, no matter what the specs and opinion are, go for it. Just for the record, I'd lean towards the Denon.
voldar02.gif

Good luck, Cheers!
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28862.html
[Edited last by Dan Smith on August 13, 2001 at 12:51 AM]

well put it this way I brought the denon 1601 to go with my cerwin-vega e76c center channel,4-e706 bookshelf speakers,and a ar 108ps sub using monster cables and toslink to me it sounds okay but I went from a 19tv and a 2-head vcr so I really do not have a lot of money to spend on the equipment that I really want to purchase. Thank-you
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks