What's new

Which receiver, HK 510, Denon 1802, or Onkyo 595? (1 Viewer)

Tan_U

Stunt Coordinator
I'm picking out a receiver for my sister. She has a pretty big living room and I'm pretty much set on getting her the HTD level III mains and center for the front and using her cheapo bought from the back of a white van satellite speaker for the surrounds. I havn't decided on a sub yet though.

It was narrowed down to the Onkyo 595 which can be had for a little under $400 or Denon 1802 which can be had for about $350 until I went into Circuit City and saw a great deal on an open bod HK 510 for $470 before tax. The big plus for the Onkyo and Denon is that they have Pro Logic II because most of her viewing is Cable TV. On the other hand theres the HK for a REALLY good deal and probably has more power even though it doesn't show on paper.

So any suggestions and what do you guys think about the speakers, what else should I look at in that price range and any subwoofer suggestion, I'm pretty sure everybody's gonna say Sony SAW-M40 but what else is out there for about that price.

I know I'm asking for too much advice on one post but if you don't feel like typing too much than just stick to the receiver part, and thanks a lot for any advice.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
I love my Onkyo 696, so I'd recommend the 595. Pro Logic II is good and it is very user friendly.

I wouldn't discount the idea of the Sony sub, BTW. Mine has performed very well in the few months I've had it.

Good Luck!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks