What's new

Which re-issued UNIVERSAL Monster classics contain the documentaries? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am considering purchasing the DRACULA, MUMMY, FRANKENSTEIN, INVISIBLE MAN, WOLF MAN & CREATURE sets but want to know if they contain the excellent 30-minute documentaries (and for that matter commentaries) ported-over from the original collector's DVD's... I know that the A&C MEET FRANKENSTEIN re-issue in the A&C #3 set has dropped all of these extras, which is incredibly unfortunate. The original single movie edition was allowed to go out of print, God knows why. That leaves:

DRACULA
FRANKENSTEIN
BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN
THE MUMMY
CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON
THE INVISIBLE MAN
THE WOLF MAN

as films that once had plenty of extras - do they still?

Also, I've not been able to locate the 1943 PHANTOM OF THE OPERA except on eBay. I assume this was allowed to go OOP, with no imminent re-issue news?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
All of the documentaries were retained. The only thing NOT retained is the trailer for The Wolf Man on its Legacy set. Probably an oversight, considering all the other trailers were kept. And not only are all of the commentaries kept, the two Creature sequels also have commentaries... exclusive to the Legacy set.

The old Phantom '43 DVD was brought back into print, though. Most likely to tie in with the new movie. You can buy it here for the cheapest online price:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=112396 ($15.08)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks