What's new

Which Rack to buy? (1 Viewer)

TimW

Agent
My DVD collection is growing and I'm really kind of annoyed with most of the dvd racks out there. Most don't accommodate box sets. (or even 2 disk sets at times)
I also have an issue with stacking them. I don't like the idea of weighing a disk down with even 3 or 4 others stacked on top.
I could go for a bookshelf, I suppose, but that's a little too deep and doesn't display them very well.
Anyway, I guess this isn't really a poll question, but I'm wondering what all of you with gargantuan DVD collections do. Is there any decent rack manufactured that displays DVD's well while having all the benefits of a shelf system?
Tim

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Tim,
You would get a better response if your post was in the correct forum. You can ask a Moderator or an Administrator to move this post to the right one....HT Hardware.
Good luck.
Dave
P.S. I just use a few bookshelves to store my 250+ DVDs. It's very cheap...so the money I save can be used to buy more DVDs.
biggrin.gif

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have had good experience with racks from Atlantic:
http://www.atlantic-inc.com/default.tpl
They're adjustable and they are simply endboards with dowels across them. If you have the time, you can even make them on your own, but I just bought those Penguin models, I think it was the 210 model and it holds a small amount of DVDs/CDs/VHS, etc. and is adjustable in height.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
There was recently a long thread in the software forum on this very subject. The title was something like "For those with more than 200 DVDs", you might want to search for it. Anyways, Atlantic, Boltz, and custom built I think were the three biggest options. I just ordered some Boltz, a MM-252 and an expansion unit. They should arrive next week. I ordered the factory second to save $50, plus shipping is free. Hopefully it'll be pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks