Which Projector- Domino 20 or Runco 510

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DarrylR, Feb 7, 2004.

1. DarrylR

DarrylR Auditioning

Need sugestions on which one of these projectors would work best in a 17x20 room with no windows. Projector would be mounted about 15' from the 106" screen?

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    The 6000 hour bulb life of the Sim2 Domino 20 can't be overlooked compared to the Runco's 1000 hours but actually these 2 pj's are pretty closely rated. Note that the Sim2 has H&V keystone correction, power zoom, lens shift whereas the Runco had DVI capabilities.

3. DarrylR

DarrylR Auditioning

Thanks for the reply. I have not had an opportunity to demo either one of these projectors but I did demo an Infocus 5500 on a stewart firehawk screen today and the picture looked pretty good. I also demo'd the Infocus 7700 and couldn't really tell the difference in the two. How does the Infocus compare to the SIM2 and Runco?

4. DarrylR

DarrylR Auditioning

I meant to say I demo'd the IF7200 and IF5700 got my model numbers all confused. 5700 looked like a nice unit for the $1,000 reduced price.

5. Jeff Troiano

Jeff Troiano Auditioning

I don't know if your still watching this thread still, but I had the opertunity to demo the Domino 20 this past weekend, and It was incredible. Even on a 120" mate white screen, that was not intended for home theater use. Now the guy that showed it to me, says he A/B comparied the Domino 20 against the Runco 710, and said it beat the Runco in his opinion.

Hope this helps
    Jeff Troiano