What's new

Which Projector- Domino 20 or Runco 510 (1 Viewer)

DarrylR

Auditioning
Need sugestions on which one of these projectors would work best in a 17x20 room with no windows. Projector would be mounted about 15' from the 106" screen?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The 6000 hour bulb life of the Sim2 Domino 20 can't be overlooked compared to the Runco's 1000 hours but actually these 2 pj's are pretty closely rated. Note that the Sim2 has H&V keystone correction, power zoom, lens shift whereas the Runco had DVI capabilities.

DarrylR

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply. I have not had an opportunity to demo either one of these projectors but I did demo an Infocus 5500 on a stewart firehawk screen today and the picture looked pretty good. I also demo'd the Infocus 7700 and couldn't really tell the difference in the two. How does the Infocus compare to the SIM2 and Runco?

DarrylR

Auditioning
I meant to say I demo'd the IF7200 and IF5700 got my model numbers all confused. 5700 looked like a nice unit for the $1,000 reduced price.

Jeff Troiano

Auditioning
I don't know if your still watching this thread still, but I had the opertunity to demo the Domino 20 this past weekend, and It was incredible. Even on a 120" mate white screen, that was not intended for home theater use. Now the guy that showed it to me, says he A/B comparied the Domino 20 against the Runco 710, and said it beat the Runco in his opinion.

Hope this helps
Jeff Troiano

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks