What's new

which projector can give the largest/best picture from 14 feet ? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Z

Agent
infocus 4805

infocus sp5000

panasonic 900

something else in 1500.00 and under range

i would like to have bigger than 100" if possible

ceiling is 9 feet high at the wall where the screen is.

and 12 feet high where the projector will mount.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
There's a calculator at Projectorcentral.com for all the projectors. From what I've read about the 5000, I wouldn't even consider it.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Very! If you want the absolute best picture your room must be light controlled and have dark, non-reflective colors (the very best is black on the screen wall, black ceiling, and black or a Kodak gray on the walls a bit out from the screen wall). Otherwise, the light off the projector will bounce around on the walls and ceiling and help destroy contrast and black levels.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I'm shooting 10 foot wide (144" diag) with a 4805 in a large, fully light controlled room and it looks great, but you must observe correct seating distance. For that size image on a 4805 15 to 25 foot seating is desired. To have shorter seating distances a 720p or better projector would be needed. (the 4805 is 480p)

Since HD TV is minimal in Peoria, the 4805 was a good choice for DVD viewing.

As far as light reflection is concerned, that depends a lot on the mounting method. A ceiling mount is going to reflect mostly down, while a table mount is going to reflect up (at least with the offset that a 4805 has, other projectors will be different). I have a cathedral ceiling so the upward bounce is minimized.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Patrick, another one you should consider is the Sanyo Z4. It has a large zoom range like the Pan. 900 and is very popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks