What's new

Which preamp to buy? (1 Viewer)

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i just bought a 7 channel 125 wpc amp adcom. now i am serching for a preamp to go with it. i will be buying it in about 3-4 months. i want to spend about 1500 on it and want dts,dts-es,dd,dd-ex,and dpl II.

my choices so far are
adcom
rotel
any others are appreciated.

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
Bryan,
I would also take a look the new Sherwood Newcastle Pre-Pro. It will have all the features you mentioned and will be in your price range.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
How about the Integra DTC-9.4, this seems to have it all, including balanced outputs. Check it out on their website, it is supposed to be available this month.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Bryan:

I can highly recommend the Outlaw 950 preamp to go with you set up. It has everything you want and is only $899. You check it out here.

Parker

kevitra

Second Unit
Adcom has a new HT preamp. I haven't seen much about it, but I did see it at Abt Electronics (not hooked up).

Here

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If you look through the listings in this forum, you'll see that there are several existing threads where others have asked a similar question. The response in those thread are worth reviewing. For example, here:

Pre-pro advice

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks