Which player would you get?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrentJ, Feb 21, 2003.

1. BrentJ

BrentJ Second Unit

The panasonic rp91, panasonic cp72,denon 1600. I want to get one of these 3 players. Which one would be the best? Thanks

2. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

denon

Rich

3. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the 2 Panasonic models mentioned, but from others who have commented on those models, they appear to be highly recommended. As is the Denon 1600, to which I happen to have the recent honor of owning.

I would imagine that the picture quality with all 3 units are very good and comparable. What I love about the Denon 1600 however, is the audio quality (not to say that the Panasonics don't have good audio quality, I just haven't heard them). I just hooked up the multi-channel analog outputs and listened to my 1st DVD Audio as it was meant to be played. I should preface this by saying that I had previously listened to my DVD audio disc's through my old DVD player in either Dolby 5.1 or DTS via the digital optical cable. At that time, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, music mixed in digital surround. It was incredible.

Then I hooked up my 1600 with the multi-channel outputs and tried em again. I can truly say that it was one of the most notable improvements to my HT audio I have experienced yet. I don't process the vocabulary to describe how moved I was other than you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Well, I'm rambling now, so I'm gonna go play some more DVD audio. Count my vote for the Denon 1600.

Phil

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

What type of TV do you own? The RP-91's scaling feature is a big benefit if you own a 16x9 monitor, but the CP-72 will provide a quality picture for less money if you do not have such a monitor.

5. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

spend some more cash and get a Yamaha S2300 you wont be disappointed, i know im not!!!!!! [​IMG]