What's new

Which Pink Panther movie... (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know which Pink Panther movie it is where Clouseau wears the full body cast disguise and gets stuck in an airplane bathroom? My whole family loves that one, but noone can remember which film it is.

Thanks

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Jon,
That sequence was found in Trail of the Pink Panther (1982), although the bit was originally filmed for The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976).
Peter Sellers died only a few weeks after production started on 'Trail', and the movie is almost entirely comprised of cut footage from the earlier films. (Sellers' scenes are all 'old stuff' while the newer bits feature Richard Mulligan, David Niven and Herbert Lom humilating themselves.)
The sequence you're talking about may indeed be funny (I don't remember it that well), but I can tell you that Trail of the Pink Panther is a freakin' travesty. ;)

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Scott,
I haven't seen these films in several years, but I remember liking them all except for that one that Sellers wasn't in at all (Son of the Pink Panther maybe?). My mother sends her thanks as well; that scene is one of her all time favorites. :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Jon,
No problem at all. I grew up loving the Panther sequels, especially Return, Revenge, and Strikes Again. My parents loved Clouseau so if I was quiet, I was allowed to stay up late and watch. :)
The ones I hate:
Trail ('82) - All the old clips culled together in a ghoulish attempt to keep Sellers alive. :thumbsdown: :angry: :thumbsdown:
Curse ('83) - Ted Wass (the bland guy from Sheena) as a "new" Clouseau. Just bad.
Son ('93) - Benigni. If you dig him, you may like it. Otherwise... :rolleyes

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Agree 1000%, Seth, but I figured that if anyone would like this flotsam, it would be Benigni devotees.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks