What's new

Which photo printer are you using ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I just bought a canon i850 for my 2mp sony digital camera, and I'm pleasantly suprised on how good the print outs are using 4x6 photo paper...Would the dye-sub printers offer better quality ?...if so, they must be damn good becuase this canon is awesome !!

KyleS

Screenwriter
I have an HP 1215 Photo Printer and I love the prints that it is able to do both on regular paper and especially on photo paper.

KyleS

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I have a HP Photosmart 1115, little brother to the 1215... Though i dont print many photos out, its great for everyday jobs, and i got it for a real good deal (refurbed at $99CAD, or approx $66USD)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I got an Epson 2200 (pigment inks), 13 inch wide-carriage. Supposedly prints are good for more than 50 years, as the inks will not fade in that time, even in sunlight and highly ozonated climates.

It's the SUV of printers!

The Canon i850 is considered the best of the 4 ink printers, while the i950 is considered the best of the 6 ink printers (with the Epson 960 and Epson 2200 just as good, but damn they are slow).

HPs do the best text, from what I have seen.

Most of the inkjet printers nowadays are incredibly good. But, a lot depends on the paper you use. Kodak makes the worst printer paper I've ever seen. Ink smears and runs on their godawful paper. Stay away from Kodak!

On the other hand, people speak very highly of Office Depot paper for printing photographs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks