What's new

Which PC based MMORPG are you playing? (1 Viewer)

Mario_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with DataTox; DAOC and Anarchy were really good, and so was EQ in certain respects. I was hoping for Galaxies, but I don't know if that's going to happen...:angry:

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Played them all!

Currently subscribed to DAoC until something else comes out.

In in a beta with its release on the Horizon..

Waiting on SWG and WoW.

I've convinced my wife to play a MMO with me, I'm torn between SWG and WoW. After playing WoW everyday at E3, I'm thinking that it is something that she can get into. SWG info is nil at best and the only talk you hear is negative. I've pre-ordered SWG, but I won't pick it up day one.

There has to be something keeping them from lifting the NDA...

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I played EQ for about 3 years and quit about 9 months ago. The whole game is one big time-sink after another. If I were to start playing one now it'd probably be Dark Age of Camelot, as the beta was good and fun.

For the future, I won't be playing SWG, a friend of mine is a developer for EQ2 so I'll play that beta, and most likely I'll be playing World of Warcraft when that comes out, as it looks like the next big thing.

I found the PlanetSide beta to be boring, but my friends that play it now find it pretty enjoyable.

SarahG

Second Unit
I have dabbled in Everquest...but I wanted to ask..since this does seem a thing that occurs (ie that you want a new game) have you heard of Horizons? I was looking around at some MMORPG specific sites and recently stumbled across it and am to say the least very much so looking forward to it...if anything too, looking at it makes me really question the graphics and everything in Everquest..this one looks sooo much cooler...

Nathan Gillmore

Stunt Coordinator
I've played Everquest now for going on 3 years, and I'm not anywhere near the end game. I'm not much of a power gamer. I've tried others (DAoC, Anarchy Online, EVE, etc.) but I always come back to EQ, it's just really fun and like others said, has a lot of content. I have to say though that I did like AO, and I'm thinking about trying it again...

I've recently started messing with EQ:OA and I find it pretty enjoyable. It isn't as deep as the normal EQ, and you can actually get something done if you only have 30 minutes or so to play.

I'm looking forward to SWG, and will get it on release, but it's sounding more and more like something that may not live up to the hype. Horizons looks good, and I hope I get into the beta to check it out. Ditto for WoW, Blizzard has yet to let me down.

I recently got into the beta for Final Fantasy XI on the PS2, and upon playing it found it to be nearly identical to EQ:OA in terms of play style, with a few differences (like being able to switch classes at will).

SarahG

Second Unit
Horizons looks good, and I hope I get into the beta to check it out.
Hey...me too just waiting for approval. How funny. I will keep my fingers crossed for you..I am convinced that this game will do well and am therefore jealous of the people that were in beta 1 and 2.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I have dabbled in Everquest...but I wanted to ask..since this does seem a thing that occurs (ie that you want a new game) have you heard of Horizons?
Yep. I mentioned Horizons earlier. I'm also trying to get into the beta. I've given up hope for SWG for now so this is the one that I'm looking at playing next.

SarahG

Second Unit
Yeah..I noticed that in the thread. Have you seen the new pictures that have just come out? There are some very nice shots. Funny that there are at least 3 of us here trying to get into beta...anyone else?=)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Yes, I've seen the new screen shots and they look very good. I was checking out the official Horizons web page a little more yesterday and I'm getting a little more hyped for this game. I just wonder if they're on target for their September release date?

SarahG

Second Unit
Hmmm...last I read it was slated for a fall release. And I am sure that the developers are working hard to get it out as soon as they can.
On those screen shots...there are so many that are cool...but I really like these. And I wanna know what they are about! I have a feeling that the latter has something to do with the undead...creepy!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I still play Asheron's Call. I think it is the best MMORPG out there, even after all these years...the community is great, and there is always new content every month. Also, the social aspect of the game is very well-developed (lots of animated emotes, weird costumes, fun items, weddings, wedding cake and champagne, etc. :) ).

I heard that the upcoming World of Warcraft by Blizzard are using many of the ideas pioneered in Asheron's Call, so WoW will probably be a winner as well.

James Davis

Agent
I played UO before, and also Everquest. Right now I'm playing Ragnarok Online.

It is an anime style MMORPG from a Korean based company. The game is pretty fun but the avg playing age is pretty low, and there have been security problems in the past week. A lot of the player base was upset from 2 different rollbacks that took place to wipe out all illegally obtained items.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
going on 4 Years of EQ, still loving it. The key is to not treat it like a job, to play with people you like, and not get caught up in the desire to be 'uber'

Cant wait for EQ2. It looks amazing. I hope it plays half as good as it looks

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks