What's new

Which Parasounds for my Paradigms? (1 Viewer)

I own a Parasound HCA 1500A stereo 205/ch amp and an HCA 2205AT 5ch 220/ch amp. Which should I use to power my Paradigm Studio 60s? The remaining channels will drive my Studio CC, Studio ADPs, and Studio SA15s. Thanks.

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
Parasound Rocks. I personally would use the 2205 for the mains, center, and rears since it has a bit more power, which means more overhead to drive more difficult scenes, effects, etc... I would use the 1500 for the others(sides??). The specs between the two are very similar and I doubt you would notice a difference in sound quality.

I use a Parasound HCA-2200II 2x220 for my mains and a HCA-2003A 200x3 for my center and rears. We watched Planet of the Apes last night, and the scene where Marky Mark crashes through the trees in his space capsule was making my rear speakers scream super loud. I had pizza all over my hands and couldn't turn it down as my wife was screaming louder than reference level at me to hurry up and turn it down. By the time I wiped my hands and picked up the remote the scene had calmed down. Boy, was she pissed. These amps are impressive, for me anyway.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
...as my wife was screaming louder than reference level at me to hurry up and turn it down.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Funny image of bug-eyed cartoon woman with mouth wide open and tonsils vibrating violently while screaming "turn it down!"
I have a Parasound HCA-1500A pushing my Studio 80s, and its 205wpc is plenty. But since you have a 220wpc amp at your disposal I agree that you should use the 2200II to push fronts, center, and rears, while the 1500A pushes the last 2 surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks