which online dvd store gets out pre-release orders the fastest?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Theodore_R, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Theodore_R

Theodore_R Auditioning

i remember back in november of 2000 I ordered x men and a perfect storm as preorders from an online source (I can't remember if it was buy.com, dvdempire.com, amazon, or somebody else)and received the dvd's the friday before the official release date. can someone tell me which dvd retailers make this "mistake" with the greatest frequency? if this type of question is not appropriate for this board, then let me ask another -- which online retailer gets out pre-release orders the fastest? thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Transferring this thread to Retail and Wholesale Vendors Feedback.
    So as not to risk getting any retailer in trouble, we ask that members do not post the names of retailers that "break" street date. But feel free to post your experiences about promptness (or lack thereof) when it comes to etailers shipping out pre-orders.
    M.

3. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

FYI, there is NO correct answer to this, most online retailers ship on the Friday before street with the hope for it to arrive to you on the Tuesday. What matters more is What etailer has a shipping hub closest to you. This is the only possible way for you to receive things early.
    There is one etailer that consistantly gets me discs the Saturday before street, but there shipping hub is very close to Chicago and therefore I get things the next day. But this experience varies for everyone, so you are pretty much on your own.
    -Chad

4. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

I order from one company all the time and always receive my pre-orders the saturday prior to the release date. I continue to BUY alot of my DVD's there because of that.