What's new

Which One??? (1 Viewer)

SamSS

Auditioning
Im trying to decide between the HT-V1000DP and the HT-V600DP. Both of these are Sony HTIB systems. I am planning on buying one, but i dont know which one to get. The V600 has a little less power and costs a little less, but it is smaller. It looks like the reciever is on the same unit as the DVD/VCR combo, where as the V1000 has two separate units. Right now, i like the V600 because it is more compact and has a sleeker look to it. I would appreciate it if one of the experts out there takes a look at the two and gives me some feedback on which to get. Price isnt an issue and neither is the total power, as they are both practically the same.(at least to my untrained eye) Ive looked at the specs for both and dont see much difference. If you could, point out to me the differences in both systems. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there, Sam. When asking for input on specific HTiB models, please post here in A/V Sources. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level. You want to ask for purchasing advice in the appropriate hardware-related section. Thanks!

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Sam,

the first thing you'll notice with a HTiB is that it could sound better (given your living space and preferred listening material). Then (accelerated by hanging around on forums like this) upgraditis sets in. You might find that you cannot hook up a better DVD player to the HTiB, and are stuck with the amp and speakers because they are hooked up thru the subwoofer or something - especially next year some amazing Dolby Prologic IIIx comes out that makes ordinary CDs sound like LPs. Then your favourite album ever comes out on DVD-A and you find that you cannot listen to it becuase 1) sony doesnt do DVDA, and 2) you can't hook up 5.1 analog inputs to the HTiB...

sorry was I ranting? :b

been down the same route. what is your budget, and can I suggest making sure that the Sony HTiB you get has upgradeability options, otherwise an upgrade is essentially chucking out the whole system and getting a new one.

SamSS

Auditioning
Im not sure if either of the ones im looking at have upgrade capability. This system is only for the bedroom and i dont plan on upgrading anytime soon. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out and look at these two systems and tell me which one is a better purchase. Again, im not too concerned about upgrading but it would be nice to know. Thanks for any help you can offer.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Both systems in most of our eyes fall way short on performance.

I don't think one is really any better than the other, and would suggest a different purchase entirely.

But that is comming from me. HTIB's are perfect for some people, and either of these may satisfy your requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks