Which one to buy? A dilemma of duals!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by DaveF, Jun 28, 2016.

1. 21 Mar 19, 2017 at 8:21 PM
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017 at 8:54 PM
    DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Can someone explain ordering from Canadian Amazon as US resident? Gravity Diamond Luxe is $20 from amazon.ca vs $70 on amazon.com. Exchange rate is about parity. So if I order a $20 blu-ray from amazon.ca, are there any Canadian taxes or international shipping fees or tariffs that will jack the price up?

https://www.amazon.ca/Gravity-Special-Bilingual-Sandra-Bullock/dp/B00PTGEUZQ/ref=s9_cartx_gw_g74_i1_r?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=7823KTWA1DH5BCKD33T5&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=b06971ce-9992-44c1-9ee0-eb9792e71b5e&pf_rd_i=desktop

EDIT:
    Going through the purchase process (without committing) shows effective cost of $15 USD and $7 int'l shipping, for $22 total. Which is still an amazing price compared to the local $70!

2. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    All I can say is that I never had any problems the few times I've ordered from Amazon Canada. Price and shipping were what they said they would be, and the items got to me in good time.

DaveF likes this.
  3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Thanks for the comment. I've never ordered internationally, even from Canada, for Amazon and didn't know if there was anything unexpected. The pricing and shipping and exchange rate all look well and good. So I'll place the order!

4. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Lead Actor
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I've gotten some good deals from .ca before. The best was on a special limited U2 release - it was $550 on the US site, and what worked out to be $300 US on the Canada one. Same pressing either way.

DaveF likes this.
  5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I just ordered Gravity Diamond Luxe (the Dolby Atmos version) and Akira 25th Anniversary. Saving about $40 on Gravity and $3 on Akira.

(I know the 3D version of Gravity was great in the theater, but I'm not yet sold on 3D in my home theater. So I think the Atmos will be more interesting in the short term. I might buy the 3D version later. :) )

6. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Lead Actor
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    Gravity is a frustrating home video release - there isn't one version that has all of the features I'd like in a single package.

DaveF likes this.