Which One? Sony Or Hit?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by RichardJB, Jul 11, 2005.

1. RichardJB

RichardJB Stunt Coordinator

I WILL BE CHOSING EITHER:

70" HITACHI ULTRAVISION CINEFORM OR
    70" SONY GRAND WEGA

IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE WITH EITHER TV PLEASE LET ME KNOW--I WANT TO MAKE THE BEST CHOICE FOR MY HOME THEATRE.
    PROJECTION IS NOT AN OPTION.THANK YOU

2. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    I'll tell ya, this is a real close call. You'll hear from owners from both championing their sets to the four winds.

I'd beg you to carefully demo both sets as best you possibly can.

Supposedly, some would tell you that the Sony calibrates better. I personally do not know. I've seen both these sets myself and I basically thought it was a draw, in terms of PQ (in the store anyways...)

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I've seen both and I think the color from the Sony is a little more natural. But I have to admit, I'm a Sony owner and I had this dilemna with my 51 inch t.v. and it was a toss up between the Sony, Hitachi and Mits. Anyway the Grand Wega is a beaut and I thought the colors were a little better saturated.

4. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

I too asked the same question some time ago with little response. When I looked at these 2 sets in the store I thought they both looked great but decided I was going with the Hit at the time because of the black case etc...More of a WAF than anything. I could never find a store that carried the VX series though.

5. RichardJB

RichardJB Stunt Coordinator

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES..HOPEFULLY I WILL MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION,,THEY BOTH DO LOOK AWESOME SO I THINK WHICH EVER ONE I CHOSE I WILL BE HAPPY,,,,

PS,,FINDING A LARGE WALL UNIT THAT WILL FIT IT WILL BE ANOTHER STORY...

6. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

I have found a couple of places that make expandable units that I think will fit that set. Look at El Dorado and at Sound Advice.