What's new

which one: Sony - KP46WT510 vs. Toshiba - 46HX83? (1 Viewer)

Rob Michaw

Stunt Coordinator
As I have posted before, I am getting a refund on an almost 2-year old Toshiba set (for having raster ringing...still under extended warranty). I am a little weary of Toshiba for potentially having the problem still, but I haven't seen it on the set mentioned on the showroom floor where I have been looking (at least the problem I have had). I have read on The Spot, that there is some line that runs down the middle of the set on hockey games or other light backgrounds...perhaps that is similar to what I was having. Aside from that, I have been very happy with the picture of my set, and even though there was a problem, I am completely impressed with the service of Toshiba (full refund, two years later). That is why I am possibly considering another one.

Anyway, I have a credit at the store where I purchased the set, and I have narrowed it down to the Sony KP46WT510 and the Toshiba 46HX83 (the only brands, size and price in my ballpark at this store). Does anyone have any opinions on the two of them up against each other? In general, I am looking for best PQ across the board (480i, 480p & 1080i) and lack of grand scale problems (such as the heavily pronounced raster ringing that I have).

Thanks for any help.

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
Read the review for the Toshiba set at Cnet.com , they prefer the Sony for picture quality. The review was done by Kevin Miller, an ISF certified calibrationist.http://reviews.cnet.com/Toshiba_46H8...?tag=pdtl-list
I should point out that the comparison was to the 46wt500, last years model, the 46wt510 is the current model and is even better in my opinion. I own it and it is a very good set for $1599.00. I don't think you could do better at this price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks