Which one ? onkyo 901 ? 803 ? 703 ?!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Pablo_B, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Pablo_B

Pablo_B Auditioning

Mar 4, 2006

My Name is Pablo, I´m from Brazil, and have a question about a choice
    to make.

First of all... I would like to buy a receiver with the Nettune Feature... But Here in Brazil the onkyo products arrive with a huge lag... So... Although we have the onkyo nr1000, nr901 and onkyo 703,
    we don´t have the 803...

Now... the problem... I sold my old receiver and went to a store to buy a new one... I asked for onkyo 801... but I was told that it has been discontinued... And I receive de following purposal : the Store give me the 703 model... while I wait some one with nettune arrive...

I Really enjoyned the 703 model... But, no Nettune...

Yesterday, I was told that the 901 model has arrived... So, I have 2 choices :

a) give back my 703, pay the difference and take the 901
    b) wait a other model...

the problem is : the 901 isn´t THX Select2 and doesn´t have VLShaping circuit either HDMI... while my 703 has this features... The problem is... 901 although looks obsolete is much more expensive...
    I can wait for the 803 model, that have HDMI... but doesn´t have nettune... I Was told that here in Brazil we won´t receive the 803 model, but the 804 model... which I don´t know the specifications...

What to do ? Invest a lot of money to buy a 901 ? What is the difference to to so expensive if doesn´t have a lot of features ?!

Thank you all
    Pablo Bioni
  2. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

Feb 11, 2001
    Are you quite sure that the nr901 doesn't have this "VLShaping?" The page does say that it's "available in select markets". And therein lies the rub: onkyo's designs vary from market to market, so there's no particular guarantee that brazil's 803 will contain the same features as usa's model.