1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Directors Which one are you

Discussion in 'Movies' started by william-scooter, Mar 23, 2004.

1. william-scooter

william-scooter Stunt Coordinator

1. Would do a Name that movie screen shot contest but don't have a clue and wish someone would tell me how to post my picture in the thread with a link to a private message.

2. Am curious about how to do it but wouldn't because it seems like to much work.

3. Would do it but the only stills I have access to are Shrek and Toy Story I and II

3. Have done it and am tired of carrying the ball on this.

4. You mean they use to have still shot name that movie threads in the Polls section..

Personally I am a number 1.

2. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

5. I have no means by which to store images on the net for uploading...and a bit of No. 1 too. [​IMG]

3. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

#1 and a bit of #2

4. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Somewhere between a #1 and a #2.

Since I first started playing this game, I began to see movies in a completely different way. Just keeping an eye out for potential screencaps.

Anyway, about a month ago I started taking caps of movies I had rented for some reason. It would seem nice to run a contest but potentially too much work and I think I'd rather play than pull the strings. Not too mention my collection isn't too large so I probably wouldn't have the resources to pull it off. But maybe one day......

5. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    I did not even notice this thread when I potsed that new shot in my older thread last night [​IMG]

I had a bitch of a time figuring out how to post images linked to my PM box myself the first time.

To make it easier I suggest just copying and pasting the below, with some changes.

Items in bold will need to bechanged...

1st - change all the ( or ) to < or >

2nd - Change the htf user id number to your own. 47447 is Scooter's

3nd- Change the March24th text to whatever you want to be the subject line in PM replies

4th- Change the url the I have bolded, to the url of the image location you intend to use

The below example has already had the user id changed for you

(center)(a href="http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=47447&subject=March24th - " target="_blank")(img src="http://members.cox.net/braves-fan/PDVD_131.jpg" border="0" alt="">(/a>(/center>

after this, you just keep cutting and pasting your own post each day, with a new subject line and image link

6. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    [​IMG]

just testing to if it works after taking the steps described above, of course if anyone clicks and submits a guess it will end up in william scooters PM box [​IMG]