What's new

which of these Samsung TVs would be best for a dorm room? (1 Viewer)

david*mt

Second Unit
I have been saving up for a while to get a decent TV for my dorm room. The first one that I am looking at is the TXM3096. I like this one but then I read a review on Amazon that said: "The 1080i signal standard touted by manufacturers will soon change to an encrypted digital signal, rendering all these TVs that require a seperate HD tuner useless." Is it true that this TV would be useless in a few years? I have also heard that Samsung will be releasing a new 27'' HDTV model that will become available in a few months and retail for $599. That seems like a good price, but it isn't widescreen. I have also looked at the non-HDTV 27'' model that is out now but sells for about $400 at Bestbuy. Is HDTV that important? I am basically looking for something good to watch DVDs on until I get out of college and have room for something bigger. If someone good give me a suggestion, I would appreciate it.

Gilbert ^P

Stunt Coordinator
I would get the 27 for the dorm room. that's a good size and it won't be too much on the back when your lifting it. it's a nice set and will fill your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.