What's new

Which obscure show (s) would you like to have on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Elena S

Supporting Actor
My choice would be "Occasional Wife," starring Michael Callan and Patricia Harty. It only aired for one season -- 1965-1966, I believe -- but it was a clever little show. Callan played an ad exec whose boss expected his employees to be married, so Callan's character employed his upstairs neighbor (Harty) to be his wife whenever he needed to keep up appearances. The situations were often hilarious. I'd give anything to have this cute show on DVD.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I'm not too sure how obscure this show is since it lasted 4 seasons and is pretty recent, but I'd really like to get Unhappily Ever After(1995-1999) on DVD.

DavidBC

Second Unit
A couple of actresses I like who attempted sitcoms in the 80s:

Oh, Madeline (Madeline Kahn)
The Ellen Burstyn Show (um, Ellen Burstyn. With Megan Mullaly as her daughter and Elaine Stritch as her mother)

Also, Mary Tyler Moore's failed dramatic series "New York News" (also with Madeline Kahn [I love that woman])

LizH

Second Unit
"StreetHawk" (80's action-adventure show; think "Knight Rider" on a motorcycle.)

"Jennifer Slept Here."

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Hennessey, a military sitcom starring Jackie Cooper and Abby Dalton. Lasted 3 seasons from 1959 to 1962 and I've never seen an episode in my life. But some location filming was done in San Diego, and I've lived here for 3 years! :)

From a more modern era, Nowhere Man I would want all 25 episodes of.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

This is a great show but since the 2 stars are pretty much forgotten I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a release.

I really chuckle at these threads as they always start off nicely and then people start throwing shows in that are either 2 years old or ran forever and don't happen to be out on DVD yet although they are anything but obscure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks