1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Which noise cancellation headphones to buy under $100?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josh Wolfman, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Josh Wolfman

Josh Wolfman Stunt Coordinator

Which noise cancellation headphones to buy under $100? Thx.

2. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Home Theater magazine's Dec. 2002 gift guide recommended NCT NoiseBuster Extreme Noise-Cancelation Headphones(www.nct-active.com/nbex.htm). They claimed its "the best $40 you'll ever spend."

3. Hal_J

Hal_J Agent

well, i had a pair of those noisebusters, and while it wasnt the *worst* money i ever spent, it was up there on the list. they sucked. then i went and tried the sonys (over the ear model) and was blown away. they cost me $199 about 2-3 years ago. they turn airplanes into tomb-like quiet.

the conclusion i reached was this - it's like trying to buy a luxury automobile for under $10k. you might get lucky, and lots of sales people will tell you that it's just as good as a lexus/bimmer/mercedes, but guess what - it isnt.

ymmv.

4. Josh Wolfman

Josh Wolfman Stunt Coordinator

Thx for the replies...I purchased a pair at Circuit City yesterday (Targus) and will fly today. If they are no good, I will return them and look for Sennheiser PXC 250. They are winning a bunch of awards and just came out (SRP $149).