Which NHL game to get?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jeff Adams, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Simple question. I played NHL 2K6 and am not that impressed yet. Haven't played NHL 2006 yet. Any suggestions?

2. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I like the NHL 2K series better for the past few years. The reviews are coming in better for 2K also.
    Try messing with the game sliders untill you get the game the way you like it. Not having played either of this years games I cant steer you in the right direction yet. Im waiting for the Xbox 360 to come out before I get NHL 2K6.

3. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

NHL2k is the cheapest and EA's are all more.

NHL2k is more realistic, but never for Nintendo but only for PC, DS, Gameboy, PS2, Xbox and 360.

NHL2k is the only company that will let you choose the way you want to play Hockey. Every Hockey game ever made are all up and down the screen. 2k lets you play sideways, and also scrolls to what end you are defending or offencing. They have interviews, tours of all the arenas, even GM managing stuff.

EA mind you is more realistic but still will only let you choose aerial or skybox view or up and down screen. They have even in house arenas realistic behind the scene stuff etc.... I really liked the EA sports Nintendo DS Hockey and Madden. But still DS's has to be up and down screen. A little weird to use your stick for controlling your player icon.

4. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

Which is it? [​IMG]

5. Brent T

Brent T Second Unit

If you are playing 2K6 please make sure you play with the sliders as Jeff mentioned. Once you find a level of play that you are comfortable with I believe you will find the game much more enjoyable.

Take the $20 you would save by not buying EAs Game and get NBA 2K6 or ESPN 2K5 Football (best football game ever IMO).

6. Brian O

Brian O Second Unit

Get EA's on the PC. Really great game this year and only $30. Then go download the arena mods that have the real arena ads and polished up ice and you will really enjoy yourself. With the sliders you can really dial in your game but it plays great out of the box anyways. Plays best with a Logitech Rumblepad 2 gamepad.

7. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Since I grew up, so to speak, playing EA NHL on the Sega Genesis, I prefer EA. Question, does NHL 2206 have fighting and blood on the ice? (The part in Swingers when they talk while playing EA NHL always makes me smile).

8. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

I would say 90%+ fans of hockey and gamers grew up playing EA on the Genesis
    but by no means does that equate to us prefering EA's current game over the 2K series

while I decided to pass on both games this year I can still answer your question that yes 2006 has fighting and no there is no blood on the ice as I'm sure the league(s) is more PC these days and frowns upon having that included in a licensed game.