Which new Fall shows will get the axe?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vlad D, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    I watched 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter last night, mainly because it was in HD, and I thought it was horrible. Didn't find the relationship between John Ritter's character and his daughters believable at all. I know it's just a sitcom, but still. Anyway, I feel this show will get axed faster than Emeril did last year.
    Which brings my to the topic of this thread. Which new fall shows do you guys think will get canceled?

2. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Maybe it's just me who hated it. I just saw on Acess Hollywood that 8 Simple Rules... won it's time slot last night, and had 17 million viewers.

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

If only because the one daughter is HOT..

4. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Bingo.

5. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

My candidate for the first show to get cancelled is the unfortunately titled Without A Trace. Airing opposite ER and having Anthony Lapaglia as the biggest star, as well as the concern that the theme of the show seems to be cashing in on child abductions in the news even moreso than The Agency seemed to be cashing in on terrorism last year. It may benefit from CSI proximity at first, but I don't see it lasting.
    My other choice for a show that has doomed itself with its title is less than perfect. Who comes up with these names?
    Bram & Alice and Still Standing look short-lived as well, but I said that about Yes, Dear and it's still on the air.
    The big battle is which San Francisco medical drama gets moved or cancelled first - mds or Presidio Med. The only wager I'd make here is that I won't like either of them half as much as I liked Gideon's Crossing, which nobody watched.
    Brad

6. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Judging by yesterday's premiere episode, I'd say "Life with Bonnie" won't stay on the air too long. She was very funny, but the show was unfocused and bad. The other characters didn't do anything at all, and it didn't have a story.

7. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I liked 8 simple rules a lot. A lot of the the stuff reminds me of my brother. But life with Bonnie was horrid

8. Justin1

Justin1 Stunt Coordinator

I loved 8 simple rules, very crude, much like Married with Children meets Home Improvement. Life with Bonnie was god-awful. It was completely unfocused, the husband-wife relationship was totally unbelievable.

9. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

Family Affair.

10. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

quite honestly, I can't believe Bernie Mac is still on the air. I have tried to watch it multiple times.....ugh. Bernie says the "W" in sword for God sakes....Anyways "8 Simple Rules..." I thought was pretty funny. And yes, the oldest daughter is VERY fine. "Life with Bonnie" will get axed after a couple more episodes. AWFUL.

11. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    I have to agree that the blonde daughter in 8 Simple Rules is VERY HOT.
    While I liked Push, Nevada I don't think it will do very well on Thursdays against CSI.

12. MichaelClark

MichaelClark Extra

I think that "The Twilight Zone" will be extremely short lived.

13. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

The girl of my dreams, Rachel True, stars on a UPN sitcom starting Monday- something about her and her sister.

UPN + sitcom + typical sister/family odd couple thing = canceled.

However, it'll be a chance to stare at Rachel for 22 minutes. :b

14. Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi Supporting Actor

Joe Bernardi
    The worst thing about 8 Simple Rules is the horrible mismatch between John Ritter and Katie Sagal. If this were real life, she'd eat him alive.

I agree that Bram & Alice won't last long.

15. Craig_T

Craig_T Second Unit

"Good Morning Miami" on NBC looks like it was greenlighted by the same people responsible for Emeril.

16. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I have my money on "Way Back When" (I think that's the title, it's the other flashback show, not "Do Over")

17. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

My vote would be Bram & Alice first, then 8 Simple rules next. I wonder what they'll replace them with.

I'm really interested in Push, Nevada so I hope I can see the finale. I really hope they don't pull it.