What's new

Which movie has the 'Robot' THX intro? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Toy Story 2 does. I know I've seen it on something else recently, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea maybe?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I assume this question refers to a DVD release. As such, it belongs in Software, not Movies.

M.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Just adding a little note:
There are at least two THX Robot shorts.

The first where the THX logo stalls and the Robot flies through the soundstage and apparently performs some maintenance to 'fix' the logo.

The second where the Robot activates a 'mooing' toy sounding a solo cow's 'moo', connects it to the THX logo, activates it again sounding a herd of stampeding cows.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Both are on the Ultimate Toy Box, since the intros were made by Pixar.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The robot intro on Toy Story (1 or 2?) sounds different from the exact same intro found on Monsters Inc. I liked the TS2 one better.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
the Monsters, Inc intro is how it was originally done, the TS2 was juiced up with more bass. i'll risk the flames of the OIA (Original Intro Audio) crowd and say that i like the TS2 one better, too.:)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
His name is Tex! And there is 3 different THX Tex intros, Tex in 5.1 and another one with a EX sound track that adds an extra part with him fling to the back. Then there is MooCan where he plugs a can in and gets the cows mooing!

Wes

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know the name of the movie, I think it was a late '80s or early '90s low budget teen comedy or perhaps horror film, which started by parodying the THX intro with a "TFL" logo?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks