What's new

Which models have 2 Piece Cabinet Designs? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Bashar

Auditioning
I know this is a somewhat unusual feature to be needing in a HDTV set. However, I live on the 3rd floor of a house and I have about 8' between the door to my apartment and the wall opposite it. That being said I was intrigued by the Mits units that have the 2 piece cabinet design. With this I should be able to get even a 73" 16:9. The current models that have this featured at Tweeters are :65869, 65909 and 73909.
I don't want to purchase a 45" TV now due to my limited space and then purchase a 65" a few years later. I would rather make a smart purchase that will last for years.
Are there any other manufacturers besides Mits that offers the 2 piece cabinet feature? Am I losing anything by getting a model with this feature? It appears that the screen and the base are the two separate components so there shouldn't be any major wiring issues, etc?
In addition to Tweeters I have also in my area The Wiz, Cicuit City, Best Buy and Bernie's so that should cover virtually all the brands currently available.
Thanks in advance for any opinions. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I only know about the Mits because I have one...the 65-inchers on up have the two cabinet design. There is no wiring between the two cabinets.
The only thing you miss with the two-cabinet design is the chance of carrying a 400-pound television up the stairs. :)
- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks