What's new

Which makes a great transport? (1 Viewer)

Shion_ca

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,

I can get a MF A3.2 CD player for 1699 + tax, a Rega Planet 2000 for 1200 Can. I'm running with MF A3 CR amp and pre and Tannoy D700's. My other option is to try to find a transport combination that would better these or leave me more flexibility for upgrading.

A Sony CE775 can be had for $289 (I'm not into SACD though), a NAD T571 for $725 (it plays DVD's), a Arcam 72T (I didn't mention the 92 because the transports are identical) for 550, A Shanling S100 for 589, NAD 541i for $550. All are new all are Canadian Dollars. I would eventually add a DAC (MF A324 should be $150 less than CD) to the lower cost options. My question is which of these models would provide the best transport for a DAC? Are there any other lowish cost options that have a great transport but skimped out electronics that would be a great budget option for combining with a DAC? Should I spend around the same money and just by an MF cdp?

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
I will add a little more, I thought there would be more replys.

Transports are tough business. A CE775 will most likely not cut the cake. A lot depends on the dac. Some are sensative to the transport and some are very sensative. Then you need to start worrying about jitter, coax cables, and system matching. It can be very hard.

Let MF do this for you. They make great palyers. Plus, I am sure it has a digital out so you are not going to get cornered. It will be very hard if not impossible to better the 3.2 for the same money.

IMO

If you could go out and get a dedicated transport, that might change things. But integrated players that are good enough for transport duty usually cost a lot.

-rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks