which local store has best surround sound wall mounts?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd stone, Dec 26, 2001.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I saw some in best buy for $60-80 is that the normal price for 2 brackets????????

2. Steve Russell

Steve Russell Stunt Coordinator

If they were omnimounts that is the going rate. I own 2 pair, smaller pair cost $59, larger pair cost $79. I paid the price because I have NHT super ones and zeros and needed brackets that threaded directly into the back of the speakers. I wanted a clean installation without using a drill on the speaker cabinets or the brackets that clamp onto the speaker (those make me nervous). Crutchfield carries a couple of lines of brackets that are pretty nice and not as expensive. They are made by B-Tech, cost around $25-$35. Partsexpress also carries a bunch of speaker brackets, check out www.partsexpress.com. Good luck.

3. RossVTaylor

RossVTaylor Extra

You might also take a look at the Vogel mounts here.
    Ross

4. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

I just got the B-tech BT7 brackets for Christmas. They clamp to the sides of my Polk R10's with no problems, and the construction of the brackets is excellent. It took me about 10 minutes to get them mounted and aimed, and I am very pleased with the results (since the Polks have keyhole slot mounts, and I didn't want to drill into them). They're very sturdy, and I'll be buying another set soon for my other speakers.