What's new

Which LCD? (1 Viewer)

Kenny A

Stunt Coordinator
I have $750.00 to spend on a lcd tv. I was originally looking at buying the Samsung LNR238. Still might. Which lcd would you buy and which ones to stay away from. The lcd would be a spare for my kitchen area.
Thanks

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Samsung makes a good unit, so does Sony.

www.tvauthority.com has great pricing AND is an HTF sponsor. Please tell them you heard about them from us.

Happy viewing!!

Kenny A

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else? Samsung LNR238 or Sony KLV-S23A10. I have narrowed it down to these 2. Which would you choose?

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Kenny

If you have the ability to "go and test drive" the two TV's do so. Sometimes viewing the TV is highly subjective. If you can A/B the two together so you can see what you like and dislike about each model. It is hard for anyone here to tell you which one to buy due to the viewing experience is uniquely yours. Buy the one that "looks" the best to you.

You can also check here for advice. There is a lot of traffic and trash there but you can usually find if a specific display is having trouble or owners are experiencing some type of reoccurring issue.

Hope this helps.......and no mater which TV you get I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.

Just my .02

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kenny, personally I chose the Samsung. The Sony was OK, but just didn't jump out at me nearly as much even playing with the picture controls.

The other set I seriously considered was the Panasonic 23LX50 which was neck and neck with the Samsung, but I got such a good deal on the 238 I went that way.

I liked the SD picture on the 238 a little better than the lx50, for HD they were even, for DVD I thought the Panasonic was slightly better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks