Which LCD?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kenny A, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Kenny A

Kenny A Stunt Coordinator

I have $750.00 to spend on a lcd tv. I was originally looking at buying the Samsung LNR238. Still might. Which lcd would you buy and which ones to stay away from. The lcd would be a spare for my kitchen area.
    Thanks

2. Kenny A

Suggestions?

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Samsung makes a good unit, so does Sony.

www.tvauthority.com has great pricing AND is an HTF sponsor. Please tell them you heard about them from us.

Happy viewing!!

4. Kenny A

Anyone else? Samsung LNR238 or Sony KLV-S23A10. I have narrowed it down to these 2. Which would you choose?

5. RickRO

RickRO Stunt Coordinator

Kenny

If you have the ability to "go and test drive" the two TV's do so. Sometimes viewing the TV is highly subjective. If you can A/B the two together so you can see what you like and dislike about each model. It is hard for anyone here to tell you which one to buy due to the viewing experience is uniquely yours. Buy the one that "looks" the best to you.

You can also check here for advice. There is a lot of traffic and trash there but you can usually find if a specific display is having trouble or owners are experiencing some type of reoccurring issue.

Hope this helps.......and no mater which TV you get I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.

Just my .02

6. David Norman

David Norman Producer
    Supporter

Kenny, personally I chose the Samsung. The Sony was OK, but just didn't jump out at me nearly as much even playing with the picture controls.

The other set I seriously considered was the Panasonic 23LX50 which was neck and neck with the Samsung, but I got such a good deal on the 238 I went that way.

I liked the SD picture on the 238 a little better than the lx50, for HD they were even, for DVD I thought the Panasonic was slightly better.

7. Kenny A

Thanks for all the replies.