Which LCD - Toshiba or Sony?

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking of going LCD instead of plasma. Looked at the 47" Toshiba Regza and 46" Sony Bravia. They both looked great. Any input on either?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Alon. I'll take a look at the LC-46D62U. BTW, the Bravia set on my short list is in the XBR series. I was seriously considering a Hitachi plasma but when I took a closer look at amount of light the 6 windows in our family room let in I switched my focus to LCD. Plus the Hitachi was only 1080i and I do want to future proof as much as possible.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I am also looking for 1080p LCD TV. My short list includes models from Sony and Samsung. Samsung also has a 52 inch model. Bothe the Sony and Samsung use the same LCD panel produced in their JV factory in Korea. The styling and electronics, however, differ. Some early reviews seem to indicate that both are superb for HD material display but that the Samsung looks better on SD material. Both look stunning in the HD demo set up in local Best Buy. The Sony is said to have extensive adjustment controls. Both 46 inch models are about $ 4k. There are also 40 inch 1080p models from Sony and Samsung using same LCD display technology.The Samsung 40 inch is in the Best Buy current newspaper insert at about $ 2800.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaMovieMaestro