What's new

Which Juno Version to Buy? (1 Viewer)

Paul*T

Auditioning
I can't figure out if the single disc version of Juno is the same as disc #1 in the 2-disc SE flavor. I really don't need a "digital copy" (poor term...aren't they all digital?) of Juno for the extra $$$s, but I don't want to miss out on extra features.

Circuit City's on-line description is interesting; the Disc Information tab lists what looks like every title of every menu on the disc. The only discrepancy I see is that disc #1 on the SE has these, but the single disc version does not:

* Way Beyond "Our" Maturity Level: Juno - Leah - Bleeker
* Diablo Cody Is Totally Boss
* Jason Reitman for Shizz
* Honest to Blog!: Creating Juno

So, did TCF actually cut two different versions of the movie-only disc, or is the CC information wrong and the extras are on disc #2 with the "digital copy"?

First time poster, L O N G time lurker...

Thanks!
pct

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
The review on DVD Talk says:

I suppose the single disc might be different from the first disc of the two disc set, but that seems really strange. I guess we can't know for sure until someone gets a copy of the single disc -- but if both versions are the same except for the digital copy, I don't see any reason to pay the extra money.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw the two disc at Target and you guys are right, all the extras are on disc one. Unfortunately, they didn't have the one disc (or Alien Vs. Predator or Juno Blu Ray discs) at Target so I couldn't see what the contents for the one discer are.

The press release says So I still think that you need to buy the two disc if you want the above features and they made just make two different discs with the movie on it.

The press release can be seen here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d-blu-ray.html

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I picked up the one disc, and it doesn't have the featurettes. Seems weird that they pressed two versions of the first disc, but there you go. On the other hand, if you go to Wal-Mart they have a free CD sampler with the single disc version.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info, Sean. I guess since disc two just has that digital copy and no real content, it's kinda like they only made two discs- they both had the movie but one had the featurettes and one didn't.

Paul*T

Auditioning
Thanks everyone.

That's what I thought...two different movie discs. I sprang for the CC version of the 2-disc edition. When I get home from work, I'll discover the physics behind fitting a XL shirt and a DVD keepcase into a tiny little package. Oh, and watch Juno. :)

pct

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
The Target 2-disc version comes with a mini version of the Newmarket Press edition of the screenplay. A nice extra value if you were considering buying the book at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks