Which is the Maximum Continue SPL that your system is able to do?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Manuel Delaflor, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Manuel Delaflor

Manuel Delaflor Supporting Actor

The apartment under me is for rent, and I wanted to know how much sound its transmited from my equipment before the new neighbor arrives.

So I just cranked my system to the max using a heavy song by Limp Bizkit and I found that the building (an old very solid construction) is very well isolated.

Anyway, I picked up my RS SPL meter and found that the continue SPL was between 104-106dB at my listening position (about 5 meters from each speaker). There were no audible distortion nor clipping at all (just an "out of headroom" or compression sensation).

This amount may sound like not to much, but it is well above my listening tastes, and it was fun to see what my system can do at its limits.

(by the way, downstairs the sound of the street with the window opened is louder than my gear at full volume, nice thing)

Technics SUX302 Integrated Amplifier (30wpc)

Klipsch Heresy Mains

Klipsch KSW12 Subwoofer

Sony CDP-C215 CD Player

2. Bob Christensen

Bob Christensen Stunt Coordinator

My HT will peg a solid 118 center room, probably due to the efficiency of my Klipsch speaks (driven by 100 wpc) augmented by the SVS [​IMG]
    My Computer sound system (which I have 2 systems networked, using both sound systems: a Klipsch v400 and a 4.1)I can peg a solid 108, but it sounds pretty crappy above 105.

3. Mark Fitzsimmons

Mark Fitzsimmons Supporting Actor

I haven't played my theater above reference but my computer speakers hit 115db easy; Logitech z560.