What's new

Which is the best way to get music through my speakers? (1 Viewer)

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
a) my current mp3 player a nomad2 (128MB)
b) sell my mp3 player and get a mini disc player
c) a cd deck and just mix my own cds
d) other

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Reid Reid Reid.....

Don't fret.

1. MP3 player. They're great, useful, solid-state. I say keep it.

2. Mini disc. Don't even bother. Can't play it in the car with any ease and you're stuck buying Sony stuff. Your next car will not have a mini disc player in it.

3. A good idea. CD players are ubiquitous and you're not married to one brand. They also hold a lot.

The truth is ANY of these will do depending on which is most convenient for you. Since all the formats are digital the sound will be same from any of them providing you use that Yammy to do the decoding. It depends again on what features and formats you find most convenient.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Actually there are other companies that still make Minidisc Players/recorders. I've got a Net MD unit that I use and I quite like it especially for its recording capabilities and its fully portable. yeah so I cant exactly use it in my car but I could care less about that thats what a CD burner is for. I've been very happy with my MD unit myself.

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
so right now I have the mp3 player plugged into the red and white inputs on the reciever under cd. This is done by one those those cables with a headphone jack on one into, and the red and white on the other. Will the Yammy still be decoding? Or will I have to get a different connection? And what should that be then?

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Reid, not it isn't doing the decoding. The red/white connectors are analog connectors. This means your player is decoding the signal then sending it to the receiver. The receiver isn't doing anything other than amplifying and distributing the signal to the speakers.

If your mp3 player has a digital output, then connect it to a digital input on your receiver. This will make the Yamaha the decoder and will nearly always result in better sound. Experiment and see which sound you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks