Which is the best version of Little Shop of Horrors 1960?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul D G, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

I'm in the process of replacing videotapes with DVD counterparts (less shelf space if anything [​IMG]. I'm trying to find out which is the best version of the original Little Shop of Horrors. Can anyone comment on these discs, or pass on past research?
    After borwsing the Google Archive it seems the Mastertone seems to be the best. That is, it's the only one I can find comments on and they all seem generally favorable. And, really, anything would be an improvement over the video I have of it.
    I seem to recall a version of this was released recently and it sounded like a good disc but I never got around to getting it. I don't know who the manufacturer was. Anyone remember?
    Thanks in advance.
    -paul

2. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

I'm wondering if the colorized version is available on DVD??? I rented a VHS of it back in 1988, and the colors made the movie much more enjoyable for me.

3. Marty Neudel

Marty Neudel Stunt Coordinator

>I'm wondering if the colorized version is available on DVD??? I rented a VHS of it back in 1988, and the colors made the movie much more enjoyable for me.<
    Lafe,
    pesonally, I'm looking forward to the 16:9 enhanced version with DD-EX soundtrack. [​IMG]
    Marty