What's new

Which is the best ratio in HDTV: 16:9 or 4:3 (1 Viewer)

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Hey David! Yeah I do like the classics :D Was just in there watching My Man Godfrey, good stuff! They don't make movies like that anymore.....what a shame.
I purchased the Pan 51HX42 on an open box deal at CC for $1299 but am going to take it back as, try as I might, the picture just sux, and Fry's is offering the same TV at the same price in the box. I really think I want to research more before I make my final decision (to me that's most of the fun).

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I purchased the Pan 51HX42 on an open box deal at CC for $1299 but am going to take it back as, try as I might, the picture just sux, ...
Too bad about the sucky picture. :frowning: I hope you end up w/somethin' you like.
I ended up with a Toshiba 50H72. Couldn't find a bad word of mouth about it. And now I see why for myself. Awesome picture!

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, was an impulse buy which I am not prone to do. How far back do you sit from your Tosh and where did you purchase it?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
How far back do you sit from your Tosh and where did you purchase it?
7.5 feet (eyeball to screen). Might seem too close for a 50-incher, but it's not really (not for me anyway). Seems perfect. IMO, what's the point of getting a much larger TV, then placing yourself a mile-and-a-half away from it?! Obviously, there are eyestrain and blurry-picture concerns to be weighed (from sitting too close to your monitor). But I find my distance of between 7 and 8 feet to be just right.
Got the set @ Best Buy. They have it for $1699 (with free S&H on-line).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks