which is the best of my crop of rptv's ?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by joey mr, Jul 6, 2003.

1. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

hi guys this is going to be dicsion time for me from all the pros on the forum i have to choose between three sets and which one would you guys go with ?

panny 53tw53

hitachi s500

pioneer elite 530

which one and why

because i have done a lot of home work to get down to these and i just want to know what every body thinks ,

satilite 70%
    dvd movies 20%

hd signals 10% -until they put more programing up then i will watch more hd content

2. JohnFF

JohnFF Agent

I don't have one and am not personally familiar with this model but my impression is that the Pioneer Elites have the best PQ among the current RPTV crop.

3. Rick Anderson

Rick Anderson Stunt Coordinator

Out of the ones you listed, I would go with Pioneer Elite. Actually I went with the Sony, but you didn't list it.

4. Ed Sloan

Ed Sloan Auditioning

Pioneer Elite without question. Best made CRT-based RPTVs on the market today.

5. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Go with the Elite. Elite by far has the best stretch modes and line doubler and will play a big part if you are doing 70% satellite. Also, Pioneer is offering rebates on the Elites right now. I have a 530 and it is a fantastic set.

6. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

well guys i was told that the rebate does not work down here in toronto and the price was to much for my taste and i would spend more for the pio. but i am not going to get ripped off either [​IMG]