What's new

Which Is The Best Football Game For The XBOX? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
First, I sually don't like sports games. But after playing the NFL 2002 Fever demo on the XBOX demo disc, I was very impressed and bought it today.
However I haven't broken the seal yet because I see that NFL2K2 got a better review over at gamespot.
My question for you experts out there is which of these games is better for a rookie like me. Should I keep this game or return it?
Any comments and opinions on these games
will be greatly appreciated.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I like Fever a lot, but Sega Sports NFL 2K2 was a great game for the Dreamcast. I havent picked it up on the Box yet, nor am I sure if I want to since I've got the DC version. But nonetheless, I love Fever.

Ike

Screenwriter
It depends. If your not stuck up on realism and such, NFL 2k2 is better in my opinon.

I'd give Fever a 7, and NFL 2k2 an 8.

NFL2k2 is not flawless by any means (if graphics are a big hangup for you, Fever is better), but it's more fun to me.

But if your a Madden-phile, you are going to probably not like either.

Steven Sz

Auditioning
I haven't seen 2k2 yet so I can't comment on that one. But, I own Madden and I tried Fever at Best Buy. Of the two, I thought that Madden was more responsive. Mr. Madden's comments get a bit annoying, but that's really neither here nor there. One thing to note about the 2k2 review on Gamespot, they make the comparison between 2K2 and Fever, but in actuality, they gave Madden a higher review than Fever. I really didn't understand their comments given that fact.

Ike

Screenwriter
Because NFL 2k2 is closer in gameplay to Fever than Madden, and Fever is the only exclusive X-BOX football title.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I own Fever and have owned Madden 2002 for the PS2, and had owned NFL2K1 for the Dreamcast.

I had a GREAT time playing each of these games.

Fever is fantastic, and if you really like "videogame" football, this is the best it gets. You will not mistake a game of Fever with a real NFL game, in terms of "realistic" football. However, I've been a fan of this style of football ever since Tecmo Bowl (the most unrealistic yet fun game ever).

Madden strives to be more true to the real game, but still maintains its videogame roots. It's for the more serious football fans. You can really get in to the Meat and Potatoes of Football, managing teams and practicing individual scenarios. I really enjoyed the addition of the Madden Cards and the Two Minute Drill mode.

I'd say that NFL2k2, though I've not played this year's version, is a good balance between these two approaches. You have all the aspects of real football, plus some really nice tweaks to make it a fun videogame. I had a friend that did not know a great deal about football, and would beat me in this, because he played it like a videogame - blitzing every down, running every 3 of 4 plays, etc. It was great fun.

If you're a Home Theater fanatic and have good A/V equipment, and aren't the World's Biggest Football Fan(TM), than I'd go with Fever for the crystal clear graphics, progressive scan image, and 5.1 sound. To me, Fever is the most impressive in these areas.

Overall, though, it's simply a matter of taste and your own opinion. Perhaps you can rent NFL2K2 and judge for yourself.

I absolutely LOVE that you can challenge a play in Madden, although I have yet to see the Ref's overturn a call I challenged.....anyone have one overturned?

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I challenged a play and had a pass reversed that they ruled complete that was incomplete. After that, I loved the game EVEN more. I can't get over that the refs screw up... not often, but they do. The computer reversed a few spot of the balls on me, and one where my foot was out of bounds. Nice!

Doug

Chris_Anders

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, I traded Madden in for Fever. And I must say that I am COMPLETELY happy with my choice. I have just had way more fun playin Fever than I did with Madden. Graphics are a hell of alot better too. I would choose fever. IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks