What's new

Which Is The Best Charitable Organization To Donate To For The WTC Disaster Victims? (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
There are currently various organizations one can donate to right now for the WTC disaster victims. But I would like to donate to an organization where the funds will go DIRECTLY to the WTC victims and their families and not to some disaster relief fund to fund future unrelated disasters, or applied towards fundraising activities or to cover administrative costs, etc., etc. You know what I mean.
It would also help that the organization is an established charitable organization under the Internal Revenue Service Section 501(c)(3) to take advantage of my company match. Thanks.
~Edwin
[Edited last by Edwin Pereyra on September 18, 2001 at 11:09 AM]

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I've been wondering this myself. I've been sitting on my donation, trying to figure this out, as I also want my donation to go to the families.
What about figuring out which firms, like Cantor Fitzgerald, for instance, had significant losses, and sending the donation directly to them? I don't know how that would work for tax deduction purposes. I'm more concerned with helping than worrying about that, though.
Todd
[Edited last by Todd Hochard on September 18, 2001 at 11:33 AM]

Steve T

Stunt Coordinator
A contribution to the International Association of Fire Fighters goes directly "to the families of firefighters and EMS personnel lost in the World Trade Center disaster."
Link Removed

CameronS

Supporting Actor
All of the organizations that I have listed at the top of the pages use the funds to help with all the support efforts and the funds go directly to the families, firefighters and so on. Nothing goes to the agencies themselves or to other relief or support efforts that these agencies also support.
If you click on any of the above icons it takes you to the page that is set up for funds to go directly to the relief efforts concerning the WTC tragedy and the families and firefighters involved.
I hope this help some.
Parker

Mike L-field

Agent
Parker - and all who inquire or donate: I just want to express my heartfelt appreciation for putting the links on this page, and for any donations that you fellows/gals may make. I am a native New Yorker, and many of my family members have been NYC policemen. Of course, policemen and firefighters hang together quite a bit in NY, so my family has close ties to many firefighters as well.
The current situation in New York has provided the world with the evidence of what great heroes those professions often produce.Their families live continuously with the fear and apprehension of disaster and danger, and especially since this has happened, they are hurting immensely. My family has been fortunatein that we have not lost any family members, but we still feel a great sense of loss. I'm rambling, so 'nuff said! A personal thanks to all who care!
------------------

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the input. Donation made to realize my original intent and to maximize my Company match program.
~Edwin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks