Which is better?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by dustinSkater, Apr 30, 2006.

1. dustinSkater

dustinSkater Agent

Which system do you think would be better. I know there is a price difference but I am not concerned about that. I will probably be ending up listening to music on it a lot but not as much as hardcore video games (Halo 2), and big loud movies. So which do you think would be better.
    CMT-340 SE front pr + CMT-340 SE center + CBM-170 SE surround pr and a 20-39 PCi or an Epic 50 - 350 system from Axiom. But if anybody can think of any other great systems in the $2000 maximum price range for speakers only that would be good. And any suggestions for a reciever for it would be helpful. Thanks.

2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

I think I would go with the Ascends and SVS, but I'm sure the Axiom setup is very good too.

3. Jacob C

Jacob C Second Unit

Ascends with an SVS or an HSU is hard to beat at the price point. You can't go wrong. For a receiver I am going to get a panasonic xr-57 until the ones with all the new audio codecs for HD-DVD and BluRay come out. I am looking at the Ascend system you described with either an HSU VTF3-HO or an SVS Ultra cylinder. Until I see some reviews of the HSU with the proper driver I'm not sure which way I will go on the sub.