1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Which is better.....?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by andy_brehm, Oct 15, 2001.

1. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

For some reason, I havent really gotten much response in my efforts to find a good match for my Panny PT-61HX40. Regardless, I have narrowed down my DVD selectoin to a few and was wondering which would be the best for my setup.
    JVC XV-S60BK or XV-S65GD
    Toshiba SD3750
    Toshiba SD4700
    I am not sure if my TV has a 3:2 pulldown or whatever, but from what I hear it makes a difference. Im just wanting to get the best picture quality I can for under $250.
    Thanks
    Andy

2. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

bump

3. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Andy,
    Give the JVC a try. I have the xv-fa95gd. It is a seven disc version of the 65 if i am not mistaken. I have a panasonic hd ready tv also and it produces a fine picture. Also, have you tried the Panasonic rp91? I don't know what you are looking to spend but the 91 can be had for just over $400 on the net. It is a fine player loaded with features. I would give the JVC a try first though. It is considerably les $$ than the rp91. I noticed in another thread that you are not having much luck with the rp56. I don't know why it isn't performong for you. Maybe you should try swapping it out for another one. Bad units show up from time to time with all brands. Good luck.