What's new

Which In-Wall Speakers to buy? (1 Viewer)

Venu Potluri

Auditioning
I had in-wall speaker wiring installed as part of whole house audio in our new home. For example, in our family room the builder installed what they claim to be home theater speaker wiring. We have 4 in-wall speaker locations. I realized recently that I need a center channel speaker as well, in addition to a subwoofer. Anyway I am researching the in-wall speakers I should buy. I have seen Niles speakers in a store. What else is out there for in-wall speakers? I don’t know how powerful these speakers should be, etc. Thanks.

EricTownsend

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Venu,
I have been searching for a long time too. We are having our home built & they are allowing me time to run my own speaker cables and install my own speakers. At this point, I am still leaning towards the Niles due to the price/performance... But, there are quite a few in-walls to choose from:
Atlantic Technology - www.atlantictechnology.com
JBL - www.jbl.com
Triad - www.triadspeakers.com
AudioSource - Link Removed
Niles Audio - www.nilesaudio.com
Sonance - Link Removed
Also, www.onecall.com has a few.
These are just a few and the prices vary widely. I would recommend finding a local dealer to listen to some samples.
The amplification needed is virtually identical to free-standing speakers, so no worries there. One key to a nice in-wall system, I think, is to get a good sub. A really good in-wall sub will cost hefty dollars though!
Hope this helps and good luck! I will let you know what I finally settle on.
-Eric Townsend

fabio_f

Agent
Dear Venu,
In my theater i installed 3 in-wall studio Monitor M57 from Stage Accompany.
They sound great, detailed and powerful.
1:1 reproduction fidelity without any sound coloring...
Fabio Fiorentino
Link Removed

EricTownsend

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, after looking at the setup you have, it is no wonder they sound great! :)
How much do these Monitor M57's cost? High-end?

Thanks!
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks