Which In-Wall Speakers to buy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Venu Potluri, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Venu Potluri

Venu Potluri Auditioning

I had in-wall speaker wiring installed as part of whole house audio in our new home. For example, in our family room the builder installed what they claim to be home theater speaker wiring. We have 4 in-wall speaker locations. I realized recently that I need a center channel speaker as well, in addition to a subwoofer. Anyway I am researching the in-wall speakers I should buy. I have seen Niles speakers in a store. What else is out there for in-wall speakers? I don’t know how powerful these speakers should be, etc. Thanks.

2. EricTownsend

EricTownsend Stunt Coordinator

Hi Venu,
    I have been searching for a long time too. We are having our home built & they are allowing me time to run my own speaker cables and install my own speakers. At this point, I am still leaning towards the Niles due to the price/performance... But, there are quite a few in-walls to choose from:
    Atlantic Technology - www.atlantictechnology.com
    JBL - www.jbl.com
    Triad - www.triadspeakers.com
    AudioSource - www.audiosource.net
    Niles Audio - www.nilesaudio.com
    Sonance - www.sonance.com
    Also, www.onecall.com has a few.
    These are just a few and the prices vary widely. I would recommend finding a local dealer to listen to some samples.
    The amplification needed is virtually identical to free-standing speakers, so no worries there. One key to a nice in-wall system, I think, is to get a good sub. A really good in-wall sub will cost hefty dollars though!
    Hope this helps and good luck! I will let you know what I finally settle on.
    -Eric Townsend

3. fabio_f

fabio_f Agent

Dear Venu,
    In my theater i installed 3 in-wall studio Monitor M57 from Stage Accompany.
    They sound great, detailed and powerful.
    1:1 reproduction fidelity without any sound coloring...
    Fabio Fiorentino
    check them in my theater to see final result....

4. EricTownsend

EricTownsend Stunt Coordinator

Wow, after looking at the setup you have, it is no wonder they sound great! :)
    How much do these Monitor M57's cost? High-end?

Thanks!
    Eric